So you have an old shed in your backyard or just a large space that needs to be filled. But, you have nothing to put in a shed. What should you do with all of that space? Here’s an idea: what if you had your own area for relaxation and to just getaway? A place where you could work out and relax. Like maybe … your own personal yoga studio in your backyard. If this sounds right up your alley, here’s how to turn a shed into a yoga studio.
Give it a fresh coat of paint
When you’re transforming a shed into a yoga studio, you’ll first want to give it a fresh coat of paint. Odds are if you were using it for storage or are getting a new shed, the inside of your shed isn’t painted or is painted a color you don’t necessarily love. Painting the space will truly make it your own. Choose a neutral color or a soft, pastel color to bring peace and serenity to your yoga studio.
Fix the floor
The floor in your shed may also not be ideal for a yoga studio. Sheds are typically built under the assumption they’ll be used for storage or as a workshop. Even though you’ll be using a yoga mat, you’ll be much more comfortable with new flooring. Any type of flooring will work for your yoga studio. However, rubber flooring may be a good idea to make it easier to do yoga.
Fill the space
Once you’ve given the shed a fresh coat of paint and fixed the floor, it’s time to make the shed your calming yoga space. This shed is yours; you can decorate it however you like. That said, we do have a few recommendations for you to make your yoga studio as serene as possible:
- Plants to bring some life to the studio and purify the air (choose easy to care for varieties)
- A TV so you can watch your favorite yoga videos
- A white noise machine to play some calming noises during your workout
- Candles or an essential oils diffuser for some calming aromatherapy
- Décor with calming sayings and images
- A couch and pillows to relax on after (or just for when you want to get away and have some “me time” without yoga)
- A fridge or cooler filled with water bottles to keep you and your plants hydrated
- A space heater and a fan to keep warm in the winter and cool in the summer (plus, you can use the space heater for hot yoga)
- And, of course, a basket to store all of your yoga equipment
Take some time to really put thought into what you want in your space. While it’s exciting, it doesn’t need to be done all at once!
Choose a perfect shed
If you don’t already have a shed or are looking for a new shed to turn into a yoga studio, look no further than The Pool People. Our locations in Rhinelander and Wausau sell beautiful sheds that will be a great addition to your backyard. Give us a call or stop by today to learn more. Our expert team can help you pick the perfect shed to turn into a yoga studio.