Getting the best health benefits from a sauna should be a top consideration for a potential purchaser. The very word “sauna” evokes a warm, soothing sense of relaxation. Even if you have never used a sauna before, you may be longing to experience the incredible benefits of in-home sauna ownership. With remarkable sauna choices from The Pool People, there’s no need to wait any longer.
Proven Health Benefits from a Sauna
No doubt about it, a sauna is a proven way to improve your health — both mentally and physically. All the cares of the world seem to melt away in the warmth of that cozy room. Stress fades. Tense muscles and aching joints relax. Detoxification purges impurities from your body. And you start to feel so, so good.
Relaxation and detoxification are two primary reasons people purchase a home sauna. However, a vast array of other benefits exist. Mental, emotional, and physical stress relief are magnificent health benefits that provide transformational change to your overall wellness. From weight loss to support for insomnia, the benefits of sauna bathing are almost endless. And the daily use of a sauna can boost immunity, increase circulation and metabolism, elevate mood, and provide incredible relief for a variety of pain issues.
Proof of Health Benefits from a Sauna
The National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI) published a study in 2018 that claimed: “There is considerable evidence to suggest that sauna bathing can induce profound physiological effects.”
Another study published by the Mayo Clinic found that “sauna bathing is associated with a reduction in the risk of vascular diseases, such as high blood pressure and cardiovascular disease, neurocognitive diseases, nonvascular conditions, such as pulmonary diseases, mental health disorders, and mortality.”
So, how can you bring the benefits of a sauna home?
Procuring the Best Health Benefits from a Sauna
The first rule for getting the best health benefits from a sauna is to purchase the right sauna for you. The Pool People offer a wide variety of safe, effective, transformational models to help meet all your wellness needs.
Next, follow the directions. Before you use it, understand how to use it.
- In the beginning, try to find the optimum number of times per week to soak. Although there is no definitive rule, some physicians recommend using a sauna two or three times a week.
- Studies indicate that 8-10 minutes in the sauna reap the maximum benefits for most people. Others may find 15 minutes to be the best.
- Drink at least one or two glasses of water before entering the sauna. This will help to keep your body hydrated as your body releases impurities in your perspiration.
- Drink two to four glasses of water after leaving the sauna.
- Do not consume alcohol before or after using the sauna.
- If you are under medical care, consult with your doctor for his or her advice on how to get the best health benefits from a sauna.
When you are able to routinely relax in the steamy luxury of your own in-home sauna, the health benefits will naturally follow. Come see the outstanding sauna options we have to offer. Our helpful staff at The Pool People locations are available to answer your questions and fit you to the sauna that is perfect for your relaxation and wellness goals. Set up your appointment here, or stop by one of our showrooms in Wausau, Stevens Point, or Rhinelander. We can’t wait to show you the life-changing benefits that a quality sauna can bring to your life.